Nature of Corporate Management
The following aspects are important in this regard
(i) It encompasses the entire management process.
(ii) It is concerned with the choice of alternatives, determination of future course of action, mobilization of resources and deployment of resources for attainment of goals.
(iii) It is both short term and long term
(iv) It is related to all levels of management. Strategic issues, however, are related to top management
Scope of Corporate management
The term corporate management is an extension of the term corporate planning and also includes implementation and control aspects. More specifically , the scope of corporate management is narrated as below: spread over different areas. They are as follows:
1. Role of the management in corporate governance
2. Code of conduct including audit committee, governance committee
3. Competitive scenario for dynamic and global markets
4. Strategic enablers like IT , R&D, knowledge management and innovations
5. Corporate social responsibility including ethics, values and social audit